A little History
Some of our original users mayÂ remember way back to our first SmartClient release. It was quite some timeÂ later that we released itsÂ sister product, Smart GWT. Even with our latestÂ release – and despite SmartClient and Smart GWT having the same feature set, and synchronized release schedules – their release numbers have always been out of step:
- SmartClient 9 | Smart GWT 4
- SmartClient 10 | Smart GWT 5
- SmartClient 11 | Smart GWT 6
At times, this has caused a little confusion.Â So, starting withÂ our next major release, SmartClient and Smart GWT release numbers will beÂ synchronized.
Our Next Major Release: 12
Release 12 is well underway. In fact, as soon as we finished our 11.1 | 6.1 celebrations, (learn more about 11.1|6.1 here), our dev team immediately got cracking on 12. Â We are still some months away from a release date butÂ will keep you posted on schedule. Since we plan to start talking about itsÂ contents, we wanted toÂ get ahead of any release numbering questions.
Here are the blog posts so far on R12 contents (more to come):
- Obsidian skin
- TypeScript support, Selenium 3.0 support, and more
- Stratus skin
- SASS, Surface, Show/Hide Icons and more
IfÂ You Are Not Yet on Our Latest (11.1 | 6.1) …
*** Upgrades fromÂ SmartClient 11.0Â | Smart GWT 6.0 toÂ SmartClientÂ 11.1Â |Â Smart GWT 6.1 are FREE. ***
- To order anÂ upgrade from a previous versionÂ & for more options,Â contactÂ sales.
- ForÂ more informationÂ on how our licenses work, see theÂ Product & Licensing FAQ.
Once you have purchased your upgrade,Â DownloadÂ SmartClient 11.1 orÂ SmartClient 6.1Â to get started (donâ€™t forget to log in first)!