These days, there are numerous conferences, news articles, training courses and discussions going on around DevOps. As I am sure you know, DevOps breaks down barriers between Development, Operations and QA, improving communication & collaboration, all with the goal of releasing higher quality products more frequently.
How we got started
We founded Isomorphic in 1998. Right from the start – probably due to the proximity and small size of our original teams, the need to move fast, and a limited budget – DevOps (although I don’t think it had a name yet) just sort of happened organically. Back then, tools were sorely lacking, so we just developed our own. We’ve been enhancing and adding to them ever since.
We’ve come a long way, baby
Fast forward to today, in Isomorphic we now have:
- A system that runs tens of thousands of Selenium-based tests for every checkin to source control
- It compares results to the previous run
- Sends out notifications if there are any regressions or fixes
- Various tools for viewing and analyzing such data (eg: what checkin broke this test?).
- Built a huge range of diagnostics into our software platform.
- Developers can go to a live site, log in to an Admin Console, and see client- and server-side logs
- Toggle log levels up and down on the fly
- Inspect live client or server-side state, and many other things.
- Continuous deployment so that features can be rolled out quickly
- Generally able to receive a bug report and turn around a fix in one day, with high confidence that the fix has not introduced any subtle regressions
But of course, we are not stopping here. The idea is to continuously improve.
You already have the tools you need
Many of the tools we use internally in Isomorphic are available in our platform today. For example, check out TestRunner. TestRunner is a key piece of implementing the Continuous Integration methodology. Continuous testing is applied so that regressions are caught immediately. This allows a product or application to be kept continuously at a very high level of quality, allowing for more frequent and predictable releases.
In fact, we have numerous customers that, through the adoption of our tools, are able to continuously and automatically test, analyze, diagnose and deploy the applications they’ve built on our platform.
Want to get started?
Are you trying to get started with DevOps? Do you want to accelerate process implementation? With our expertise in DevOps and with the tools we have developed, we can help you implement test suites and test analysis systems in your applications – just like those we successfully run in Isomorphic today. Contact us for more information.
The Isomorphic Team